Veg Tan Leather Keychain - Brass (Cactus)
Our main game is making acrylic templates but to keep the creative juices flowing we like to get some handiwork done. So while the templates are cutting we took our hand to making some keychains.
Process and Details
- The keychains are precision laser cut from a beautiful grade A natural vegetable tanned leather.
- This product comes with a cactus graphic engraved on the front and our makers mark engraved on the back.
- After cutting and engraving, the keychain leather is hand-dyed with our custom light brown color. Once the dye has dried, we follow up with several layers of oils, waxes, and and dye sealant. To complete this process we seal and burnish the edges with beeswax.
- We then finish the job 2 solid brass rivets to hold the solid brass clasp and iron split ring.
- Overall Length (tip to tip): 5.25" / Weight: 1.25oz
These keychains can be clasped on to your jeans, bag, or just comfortably held in your hand. Over time the vegetable tanned leather with age into a beautiful deep brown color. The metal hardware will also patina and age with use to create a keychain that is uniquely yours.