Key Fob DIY Leathercraft Kit
Looking to make a leather key fob and want a head start? Need a great gift for a crafty friend or family member? The Key Fob DIY leathercraft kit has you covered. This kit comes with (almost) everything you need to make a stylish, durable key fob out of pure vegetable tanned leather. No Leatherworking experience required!
Each kit contains all the items you need to complete one key fob kit. The only tools you will need to bring to the table is a pair of scissors and a small glass of water for burnishing your edges. The items included are:
- One precision laser-cut key fob body in "buck brown" Harness leather (vegetable tanned) from the famous Wickett & Craig Tannery.
- One solid iron keyring in your choice of Copper, Gun Metal, Brass, or Antique brass.
- One wrapping of durable waxed "Tiger Thread".
- Two saddlers needles for saddle-stitching
- One piece of sandpaper for finishing edges
- One piece of heavy canvas for burnishing edges to a smooth finish
- One wooden pin for assistance in holding your wallet while saddle stitching
All DIY key fob kits are precision laser cut from a high quality vegetable tanned harness leather. This leather comes finished with a blend of waxes and oils that makes it as beautiful as it is durable. Your key fob will age and patina with use taking on your personal wear patterns.
DIY KIT INSTRUCTIONS:
Don't worry we weren't going to leave you hanging. Check out the video below for a start to finish tutorial on putting your key fob kit together. You can also check out this run down of all the items in your DIY kit and a more accessible link to the video instructions. There will also be a note included with all kits providing a link to this video in case you are giving this as a gift. Feel free to e-mail us with any questions you have while making your wallet. We are here to help!
Note: Just a reminder, this kit does not come with any physical paper instructions!
Another Note!: These kits are cut from full grain vegetable tanned leather. There may be minor markings on the surface of your leather that were acquired during the life of the animal or the tanning process. However we will never send you anything with cracks, holes, or cuts.
These kits are also processed by laser cutting. You may notice a "burnt" smell when you first receive your kit but that will subside after a week or so.