Custom Size Tote Bag Acrylic Template Set
Greetings! Please read all of the following information below before ordering this product. If you have any questions on the product or process feel free to e-mail ahead of time.
The custom size Tote Bag Acrylic Template Set allows you to enter your own measurements for your bag. The one piece body panel comes in a "flip-able half" that has grid holes marked for aligning straps quickly. Trace one side, flip the template in place, and trace the other to complete your one piece tote design. This template style allows for more compact storage in your workshop and greatly helps reduce shipping costs.
Tote bags are always a great product to add to your shop or to make for family and friends. Use this acrylic template set to radically decrease your construction process and increase your accuracy. Leather is expensive and mistakes on large bag projects are costly!
Included in this template set:
- Main body panel - This piece will create your tote bag body. Please remember this template will be half of your complete design. You need to flip and align to trace complete the other side. This will be covered thoroughly in the DIY instructions if you need assistance. Body panel also comes with strap alignment grid holes custom sized to your measurements. This allows you to place the straps anywhere you want and keep them straight.
- Strap end template - You will also receive a strap end template to fashion your tote straps. Holes are cut out of the center for easy rivet alignment. Use rivets, stitching, or both to customize your finished product.
- International Customers: The DIY Custom Tote product is currently only available to U.S. customers due to shipping logistics. If you are outside of the U.S. and wish to order a custom tote template set please contact us directly. The options will be the same but we will have to charge the exact shipping fee to your country.
- U.S. Customers: Standard shipping rates do not apply to an order with this product in your cart. The updated shipping price will be determined on your proximity to our headquarters (Philadelphia, PA).
Building Your Custom Sized Tote Template:
There are several pieces of information we need from you to build and cut your template set. When entering your measurements in please remember that we need the deconstructed dimensions. Not the measurements of the completed tote! If you don't have a custom size in mind you can check out our stock Basic Tote Bag Acrylic Template Set where we have taken care of all that for you.
- Choose your Units - Simple enough. Let us know if you are using inches or millimeters.
- Choose Your Body Style - This refers to the style of the tote bag sides. You can choose from Straight or tapered. Straight sides are most common. Tapered sides will taper in a half inch from your widest dimension from top to bottom. This gives a more exaggerated body shape.
- Enter Your Tote Width - This is the total width of your tote bag. The maximum width size we can cut is 27.75" (704.85mm).
- Enter Your Tote Height - This is the total heigh of your tote bag. The maximum height we can cut is 16.75" (425.45mm). This includes the "height" of your bottom gusset.
- Enter Your Gusset Size - The gusset is the square or rectangular shape cut outs at the bottom of the tote that form your bag. This dimension is usually the same number width and height (example 3" x 3"). If the number is the same for both dimensions you can just write 3". If you want different dimensions list the width x height (ie. 3" x 2.5").
- Enter Your Strap Width - This is the width of the strap end you want for your tote. We will also use this number to mark the grid of holes where the strap will fit on your tote template. These grid holes are placed equal distance from the center to the side of your template. For example, we used 1" wide straps for the example tote bags.
- Choose Your Strap End Style - The strap end template helps you design the end of your tote straps. Use to cut and plot rivet holes, stitching, or both!
Tote Bag Build Instructions
Check out the video below for a walk through on how to use this template set. You can also see more information on this project such as : List of inventory used, leather suggestions, and completed project photos by going here: http://makesupply-leather.com/templates/basic-leather-tote-bag-build-along-tutorial/